By Gordon Martel
- Written by means of unique students, each one an expert of their field
- Explores influential, underlying issues equivalent to imperialism, nationalism, internationalism, technological advancements, and adjustments in diplomatic methods
- Addresses a large variety of subject matters, together with international relations of wartime and peacemaking, the chilly conflict period and the "new global order", the tip of eu empires, the increase of nationalism within the 3rd international, globalization, and terrorism
- Chronological association makes the quantity simply accessible
- Includes necessary courses for additional examining and research
Read Online or Download A Companion to International History 1900 - 2001 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History) PDF
Best political history & theory books
Up-to-date in a brand new fifth variation, this booklet lays a robust conceptual starting place to figuring out the rationales of and boundaries to public coverage. It supplies sensible recommendation approximately tips to do coverage research whereas demonstrating the applying of complicated analytical thoughts via case research examples.
A few of our so much basic ethical ideas are violated by way of the practices of torture and conflict. If one examines the concrete kinds those practices take, can the exceptions to the principles essential to both torture or warfare be justified? scuffling with damage brings jointly key essays by way of Henry Shue at the factor of torture, and relatedly, the ethical demanding situations surrounding the initiation and behavior of struggle, and lines a brand new creation outlining the argument of theessays, placing them into context, and describing how and in what methods his place has changed through the years.
Social and cultural stories are experiencing a 'spatial turn'. Micro-sites, localities, empires in addition to digital or imaginary areas allure expanding consciousness. In almost all these works, area emerges as a social build instead of a trifling box. This assortment examines the aptitude and barriers of spatial techniques for the political heritage of pre-industrial Europe.
This ebook investigates the industrial, highbrow and political heritage of overdue medieval and early glossy Genoa and the historic origins of the Genoese presence within the Spanish Atlantic. Salonia describes Genoa’s past due medieval financial enlargement and advertisement networks via numerous case experiences, from the Black Sea to southern England, and in short compares it to the state-run army enlargement of Venice’s empire.
- Neoconservatism and the New American Century
- Perceiving Power in Early Modern Europe
- Political Analysis: A Critical Introduction
- Concept and Controversy: Sixty Years of Taking Ideas to Market
Additional info for A Companion to International History 1900 - 2001 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History)