By Janice Boddy,Michael Lambek
- Presents a suite of unique, ethnographically-informed essays exploring the big variety of ideals, practices, and spiritual reports within the modern world
- Explores a wide diversity of themes together with the ‘perspectivism’ debate, the increase of non secular nationalism, reflections on faith and new media, faith and politics, and concepts of self and gender when it comes to spiritual belief
- Includes examples drawn from diversified spiritual traditions and from numerous areas of the world
- Features newly-commissioned articles reflecting the main updated learn and demanding pondering within the box, written via a global group of top scholars
- Adds immeasurably to our figuring out of the advanced relationships among faith, tradition, society, and the person in today’s world
Read Online or Download A Companion to the Anthropology of Religion (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology) PDF
Similar religious studies books
Regardless of the forces of secularization in Europe, outdated pilgrimage routes are attracting large numbers of individuals and given new meanings within the method. In pilgrimage, spiritual or non secular meanings are interwoven with social, cultural and politico-strategic matters. This booklet explores 3 such matters below excessive debate in Europe: gender and sexual emancipation, (trans)national identities within the context of migration, and ecu unification and non secular identifications in a altering spiritual panorama.
Proposing an outline of an rising box within the research of up to date faith, this publication, including a complementary quantity faith within the Neoliberal Age, explores problems with faith, neoliberalism and customer society. Claiming that we have got entered a brand new part that means greater than the recasting of state-religion kinfolk, the authors research how spiritual adjustments are traditionally anchored in modernity yet suffering from the commoditization, mediatization, neoliberalization and globalization of society and social lifestyles.
Exploring the spirituality and religion of ladies at the verge of early life, this e-book offers clean insights into kid's spirituality and their transition to maturity. Phillips has listened to ladies' voices talking extensive at the issues of self, God, church, and international, and mirrored on their reports and understandings within the mild of present mental, philosophical and sociological considering, all positioned into discussion with a feminist method of modern theology and bible.
Even if outlined by way of relations, lineage, caste, specialist or spiritual organization, village, or quarter, India’s various teams did decide on an summary notion of legislations in classical instances. How did they achieve this consensus? used to be it in accordance with spiritual grounds or a transcendent resource of data? Did it depend upon time and position?
- Handbuch Diskriminierung (Springer Reference Sozialwissenschaften) (German Edition)
- Classical Approaches to the Study of Religion: Aims, Methods, and Theories of Research. Introduction and Anthology (De Gruyter Studium)
- The Murderous Paradise: German Nationalism and the Holocaust
- Fealty and Fidelity: The Lazarists of Bourbon France, 1660-1736 (Catholic Christendom, 1300-1700)
Extra info for A Companion to the Anthropology of Religion (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology)