By Michael L. Wehmeyer,Ivan Brown,Maire Percy,W.L. Alan Fung,Karrie A. Shogren
The relied on center incapacity textbook will get a finished replace during this moment variation, now completely revised to incorporate all of the severe themes contemporary execs want to know approximately as they paintings with those that have highbrow and developmental disabilities. dropped at you via a brand new workforce of world-renowned specialists and participants, this quantity totally prepares destiny educators, social staff, researchers, and clinicians to supply the simplest prone and helps to childrens and adults around the lifestyles span. Tomorrow's pros will detect what to do and the way to do it as they organize for his or her vital paintings, and they're going to confer with this elementary compendium yr after yr for info, insights, and solutions. A cornerstone textual content for any path occupied with highbrow and developmental disabilities—and a vital reference for each in-service professional's library.
THE excellent middle textual content FOR highbrow AND DEVELOPMENTAL incapacity COURSES:
- Broad and deep, with thorough, up to date info on intervention, schooling, relations roles, healthiness concerns, particular disabilities, and lots more and plenty more
- Life span–focused, with themes starting from genetics and improvement to concerns concerning aging
- Multidisciplinary, mixing study and private reports of greater than 70 esteemed authors from varied fields
- Immediately appropriate, proposing either the evidence and sensible, real-world recommendation on assembly the person wishes of individuals with disabilities
- Student pleasant, with studying pursuits, instructive case tales, stimulating questions for mirrored image, and key web resources
WHATâ€™S NEW: New co-editors and members * New and broadly up-to-date chapters on severe issues, together with AAC and know-how, autism spectrum ailment, advocacy and self-advocacy, communique demanding situations, relatives concerns, human improvement and genetics, felony and moral concerns, and psychopharmacology
SELECTED subject matters lined: assessment and prognosis * habit and psychological wellbeing and fitness * mind plasticity * cerebral palsy * choice making and consent * Down syndrome * early improvement and intervention * schooling * employment * epilepsy * fetal alcohol spectrum affliction * fragile X syndrome * gender concerns in developmental disabilities * overseas human rights * dietary concerns * parenting * actual health and wellbeing * provider platforms and methods * transition from tuition to grownup existence
Read Online or Download A Comprehensive Guide to Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities PDF
Best special education books
This well known practitioner advisor and textual content provides a good, problem-solving-based method of comparing and remediating educational abilities difficulties. prime authority Edward S. Shapiro offers sensible concepts for operating with scholars throughout all grade degrees (K–12) who're suffering from studying, spelling, written language, or math.
The amount can be divided into 4 components. half 1 will current an summary on incapacity that makes a speciality of significant topics, particularly, the biopsychosocial techniques to incapacity and cultural perspectives of incapacity. half 2 will study 5 significant components of excessive prevalence exceptionalities: cognitive impairment, studying disabilities and a focus deficit hyperactivity, autism spectrum problems, behavioural/emotional issues and speech and language issues.
The transition from highschool to school is an important turning aspect in lifestyles, however it can include precise demanding situations when you are a scholar who's blind or visually impaired. The revised and up to date collage sure is helping scholars arrange for his or her new lifestyles in collage, strengthen beneficial abilities, and negotiate for and coordinate acceptable companies.
The first actual recommendations e-book in orientation and mobility has been thoroughly revised and up to date for latest fast-changing global, whereas ultimate actual to Hill and Ponder's basic organizational rules that generations have identified and enjoyed. a brand new, easy-to-read colour layout, accompanying pictures, up to date details on highway crossings at advanced intersections, and a brand new bankruptcy on O&M for individuals with low imaginative and prescient make this revised version a must have on your O&M library.
- Social Stories for Kids in Conflict (Speechmark Practical Therapy Manual)
- Interdisciplinary Frameworks for Schools: Best Professional Practices for Serving the Needs of All Students
- The Routledge Companion to Dyslexia
- Know Special Education in This School!
- Studienbuch der geistigen Behinderung: Theoretische und praktische Aspekte der Geistigbehindertenpädagogik (German Edition)
- Erstlesen mit gehörlosen Kindern (German Edition)
Extra resources for A Comprehensive Guide to Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities