By Brenda Bolton,Anne J. Duggan
Read Online or Download Adrian IV The English Pope (1154–1159): Studies and Texts (Church, Faith and Culture in the Medieval West) PDF
Best european history books
German colonialism is a thriving box of analysis. From North the USA to Japan, inside Germany, Austria and Switzerland, students are more and more using post-colonial questions and strategies to the learn of Germany and its tradition. even though, no creation in this rising box of research has mixed political and cultural ways, the learn of literature and paintings, and the exam of either metropolitan and native discourses and thoughts.
This publication experiences the shift within the historiography of computing from inventors and recommendations to a user-perspective, and examines how the correct assets should be created, gathered, preserved, and disseminated. The textual content describes and evaluates a venture in Sweden that documented the tales of round seven hundred humans.
Reminiscence, warfare, and Dictatorship in fresh Spanish Fiction via ladies analyzes 5 novels by way of ladies writers that current women’s studies in the course of and after the Spanish Civil conflict and Franco dictatorship, highlighting the struggles of woman protagonists of other a while to confront an unresolved person and collective earlier.
This learn of El Cid, first released in English in 1934, is by way of the best authority at the medieval historical past and literature of Spain. The Cid occupies a different place between nationwide heroes. Others resembling King Arthur and Roland are yet shadowy figures within the ancient checklist, yet El Cid is especially far better documented.
- Abbot Suger of St-Denis: Church and State in Early Twelfth-Century France (The Medieval World)
- Defining the Holy: Sacred Space in Medieval and Early Modern Europe
- Internal Colonization in Medieval Europe: 2 (The Expansion of Latin Europe, 1000-1500)
- Ecclesiastical Lordship, Seigneurial Power and the Commercialization of Milling in Medieval England
- Becoming a Nazi Town: Culture and Politics in Göttingen between the World Wars (Social History, Popular Culture, And Politics In Germany)
- Ravenna: its role in earlier medieval change and exchange
Extra resources for Adrian IV The English Pope (1154–1159): Studies and Texts (Church, Faith and Culture in the Medieval West)