By Lawrence Baker
Through using basic resource records, readers can know about key evaluations and laws within the vital box of animal rights and welfare—a present and hugely proper topic.
• offers huge insurance of a number of issues, starting from old occasions and knowledge to the newest advancements within the box of animal rights and welfare
• provides an neutral, balanced illustration of varied political/moral views at the concerns in animals rights and welfare
• deals basic resource material—such because the Wild Horse Annie Act of 1959—that allows readers to check the precise textual content of vital legislation
• supplies readers the assets to attract their very own educated conclusions by means of offering opposing views on often-polarizing animal rights and welfare matters, corresponding to the morality of utilizing animals for commercial and clinical study, restoring wolves to former searching grounds, and maintaining very smart dolphins and Orcas in captivity
• comprises supplemental fabric that gives extra context
Read or Download Animal Rights and Welfare: A Documentary and Reference Guide: A Documentary and Reference Guide (Documentary and Reference Guides) PDF
Best nature & ecology books
The talk over the worth of community-based environmental collaboration is person who dominates present discussions of the administration of public lands and different assets. In Community-Based Collaboration: Bridging Socio-Ecological learn and perform, the volume’s individuals provide an in-depth interdisciplinary exploration of what draws humans to this collaborative mode.
This e-book is aimed toward delivering a complete evaluate of contemporary advancements in sustainability technology and engineering. The e-book specializes in ideas and practices and offers 18 interwoven chapters on 4 significant subject matters: layout for sustainability; sustainability metrics and research; sustainable strength; and sustainable supply/value.
During this identify, initially released in 1984, Wilman develops and describes a strategy for imputing a financial price to the loss in seashore leisure prone that may consequence from a hypothetical oil spill within the Georges financial institution sector off Massachusetts. Combining an oil-spill probability research version with an hedonic pricing version to generate estimates of seashore pollutants bills linked to offshore oil improvement, Wilman makes attainable for the 1st time a rational judgement concerning no matter if the advantages of constructing offshore oil outweigh the prices.
This interdisciplinary e-book demanding situations present ways to “environmental difficulties” that perpetuate improper yet deeply embedded cultural ideals concerning the function of technology and expertise in society. The authors elucidate and interrogate a cultural background of solutionism that typifies expectancies that technology can, may still, and should lessen threat to humans and estate by way of containing and controlling biophysical phenomena.
- Responses of Northern U.S. Forests to Environmental Change (Ecological Studies)
- Forest Monitoring: Methods for terrestrial investigations in Europe with an overview of North America and Asia (Developments in Environmental Science)
- Life-cycle Cost Approach for Management of Environmental Resources: A Primer (SpringerBriefs in Environmental Science)
- Dangerous Trade: Histories of Industrial Hazard across a Globalizing World
Extra info for Animal Rights and Welfare: A Documentary and Reference Guide: A Documentary and Reference Guide (Documentary and Reference Guides)