By W. W. Rostow
A relied on consultant to Presidents Eisenhower, Kennedy, and Johnson and certainly one of America's top professors of financial heritage, W. W. Rostow has assisted in shaping the highbrow debate and governmental guidelines on significant fiscal, political, and army concerns given that global conflict II. during this thought-provoking memoir, he is taking a retrospective examine 11 key coverage issues of which he has been concerned to teach how principles circulate concrete motion and the way activities taken or now not taken within the brief time period really make certain the long term that we name "the future."
The matters that Rostow discusses are these:
- The use of air strength in Europe within the 1940s
- Working towards a united Europe in the course of the chilly War
- The demise of Joseph Stalin and early makes an attempt to finish the chilly War
- Eisenhower's Open Skies policy
- The debate over international relief within the 1950s
- The fiscal revival of Korea
- Efforts to regulate inflation within the 1960s
- Waiting for democracy in China
- The Vietnam battle and Southeast Asian policy
- U.S. city difficulties in deprived neighborhoods
- The demanding situations posed through declining inhabitants within the twenty-first century
In discussing how he and others have labored to satisfy those demanding situations, Rostow builds a compelling case for together with long term forces within the making of present coverage. He concludes his memoir with provocative reflections at the 20th and twenty-first centuries and on how person actors form history.